Thursday, May 4, 2017

Catching Up on Life

It's been four months since I've posted anything on here, but, unless you're really serious about something like this, that's how it always ends up being. Other things that are more important to you end up taking the place of your side hobbies. For me, those things have mostly been my music and my school. I'm in 10th grade this year, and it's the hardest year in our curriculum. The past nine months I've been studying for a music exam, and that's been taking up a lot of my time. I finally took the exam last week. I also joined a small orchestra at the beginning of the year, and that's been one of the coolest and funnest experiences of my life. I had three concerts in March, and I will have two more in a few weeks. At the beginning of March, right after my first concert, I went to the Princess Islands with one of my friends and a big group of her friends. Now, we are all good friends, and have met up several times since then. Also towards the end of March, and new family moved into the neighborhood. They are Brazilian/Argentinian, and they've lived in India for 18 years, and in Afghanistan for two years. They have three girls, ages 17, 16, and 14, and their names are Brisa, Dafne, and Amanee. I have become very very good friends with them in only a month, which is pretty amazing. We have a lot in common, not only between the girls and I, but also between our families; our ideals, our way of doing things, and most importantly, our love for conservative Muslims. My family and I have also moved to a new house, although not to far from our old house. Because of our landlord and a few other reasons, we have moved up the road only five minutes. It's nice because we have a fresh start, but we still can keep up our relationships with the neighbors from our old house. We have only been here for three weeks, but we are finally starting to get used to it. It was a hard move to make, because we had lived in that house for six years; but the longer I am away from our old house, the more I realize that it was the best decision for our family.

Well, that's all from my life right now, but I will try my best to post a little more frequently during the next couple of school months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Best friends - and some thoughts on them

Have you ever had a best friend? You know, that person that understands you, laughs with you, knows your secrets, and your dreams? If you ha...