Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Spring break

Last week we had our spring break. On Monday me, my Mom, my Aunt, and my two girl cousins went to the European side to the Grand Bazaar. We are going back to the states at the end of June, and so we went to get a bunch of gifts for all of our supporters and friends. I got a bunch of special Istanbul necklaces and and t-shirts for my friends. It took all day, we were gone for 12 hours. First we stopped by an olive oil shop, and my mom and aunt got a bunch of different olive oils for different supporters. Then we parked the car and took a ferry boat over to the European side. Next, we ate lunch at a really good restaurant. The next step was to take the tram up to the Bazaar, in Turkish, the Grand Bazaar is called the Kapalı Çarşı. The Grand Bazaar is very, very, large, you can't walk through the whole place in one day. By the time that we were done, my feet were hurting, and my back and shoulders were hurting from carrying the backpack with all of the presents in it. Later in the week, on Friday, we went to the zoo. We've been to this zoo several times already, and its a really nice zoo. Its not too big, so it's perfect for little kids, which there were four of. We had a really fun time, and we saw lots of different and interesting animals. I didn't take pictures of all of them, but here are a few.



 These are called Coatis. They live in South America, and they are adorable. We were crinkling some paper, and they all came running because they thought that it was food, it was so cute!
 This is a Squirrel Monkey. They are very small and they are hilarious. We saw a couple of them digging in their cage, but we couldn't figure out what they were digging for.
 Marmoset 
 
 Sloth
 The tiger that they had was really big. This is my cousin Rebekah, she loves tigers.
 A closer picture.
 A fox
A panther (I actually edited this picture.)
 Ostrich
 Zebras
 I don't remember what kind of fish this was, but it was HUGE.
 These fish had giant humps on their heads
 A wolf

Flamingos 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Best friends - and some thoughts on them

Have you ever had a best friend? You know, that person that understands you, laughs with you, knows your secrets, and your dreams? If you ha...