Saturday, December 13, 2014

Paintings and drawings

I'm not an especially good painter or drawer. I'm can't draw people very well, but I still like drawing. My favorite thing to draw are landscapes.They can be quite beautiful sometimes. I first started doing canvas paintings about a year or so ago. The first one that I did was a picture  of several mountains with a house and garden at the bottom of them. At the top I wrote, " I will lift my eyes up to the hills, from whence does my help come from." I really like the way it turned out. I decided that I wanted to do four different paintings of the four seasons.  I wanted to do one every term. This next one that I did was a spring painting. I drew a meadow with small flower all over it, and a little stream running through it. Then we had summer break, so I didn't really want to draw  one then. However, after the summer, I drew a fall one. I drew a path, lined with fall trees. On one side of the path were fields, and on the other side was a meadow. After that, I decided not to draw a winter one quite yet. Instead I did a love, hope, and faith drawing. Next to each word was a flower. Next to love was a rose, next to faith was a lily, and next to hope were bluebells. I got the inspiration from a poem that I overheard my mom reading to my sister (Lizzie). In the poem it said that love was like a rose, hope like a bluebell, and faith like a lily. I liked that, and so I decided to draw it. So far that's all that I've drawn. I plan to draw a Christmas one. I thought of doing one that says "Peace on earth, good will to men," or just "Peace on earth. Then I would put holly berries or some kind of Christmasy flower or berry. Also, next year, I plan to draw a winter and a summer landscape picture. Here are some pictures of my paintings.




                                                                  My mountain painting
                                                                             
                                                                       My Fall painting

                                                                My Spring painting

                                                       My Love, Hope and Faith painting
                                                  (We still haven't found a place to hang it)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Best friends - and some thoughts on them

Have you ever had a best friend? You know, that person that understands you, laughs with you, knows your secrets, and your dreams? If you ha...